What Is PHP & Why use ?
PHP stands for Hypertext pre-processor PHP is a server side scripting language. This means that it is executed on the server. PHP is open source and cross platform Characteristics of PHP : Simple: PHP could be a terribly straightforward language as a result of it contain all knowledge within the type of knowledge member and member function(simple variable and methods) and it's work on OOPC(Object orientating Programming Concept)
What Is PHP?
PHP is a general-purpose programming language intrinsically designed for web development. It was Basically Developed by Rasmus Lerdorf in 1994 the PHP reference implementation is produced by PHP Group.Since 2014, work has gone on to make a formal PHP specification.
lots of options command to procreation HTML (as seen in Perl), PHP pages contain HTML with embedded code that does "something" (in this case, output "Hi, I'm a PHP script!"). The PHP code is enclosed in special start and end processing instructions that access you to jump into and out of "PHP mode."
The best things in using PHP are that's so simple for a newcomer, but offers many advanced features for a professional programmer. Don't be frightened reading the long list of PHP's features. You can jump in a short time, & start writing simple scripts in a few hours.
Although PHP's development is focus on server-side scripting, you can do much more with it. Read & see more What can PHP do? section, or go right to the lead-in tutorial if you are only interested in web programming.
- HTML is an added benefit when learning PHP Language. You can learn PHP without knowing HTML but it’s recommended you at least know the basics of HTML.
- Database management systems DBMS for database powered applications.
Why use PHP?
You have of a number of programming languages out there; you may be wondering why we would want to use PHP as our poison for the web programming. Below are some of the compelling reasons.
- PHP is open source and free.
- Short learning crook compared to other languages such as JSP, ASP etc.
- Large community document
- Most web hosting servers support PHP by default unlike other languages such as ASP that need IIS. This makes PHP a cost effective choice.
- PHP is regular updated to keep equally with the latest technology trends.
- Other advantage that you get with PHP is it's a server side scripting language; this means you only need to install it on the server and client computers requesting for resources from the server do not require to have PHP installed; only a web browser would be enough.
- PHP has in build support for working hand in hand with MySQL; this doesn’t mean you can’t use PHP with other database management systems. You can still use PHP with
- MS SQL Server
- ODBC etc.
- PHP is cross platform; this means you can Exert your application on a number of different operating systems such as windows, Linux, Mac OS etc.
Toptal is a marketplace for top PHP developers, engineers, programmers, coders, architects, and consultants. Top companies and start-ups choose Toptal PHP development services for their mission-critical PHP web development projects.